Monday, April 19, 2010

The leaves that are green

Standing at my kitchen window this morning at 6:15, I noticed that even at that early hour, it was plenty bright enough outside to see every detail of everything, and also that my view of the water is almost completely obscured by the leaves on the two trees directly between it and me. So although I was feeling that I was looking out at the water, I really wasn't -- there is only one small corner of it that is visible. They are lovely, however -- everything is just now. The huge rhododendrons are in full glorious bloom, the hyacinths all over the back garden are as purple as can be, and almost everwhere you look, a tree is pink or white or maroon or yellow in bloom.

And I am sitting here sniffing and snorting and blowing my nose. Allergies, sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment