Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm doing the Snoopy dance

Joe just left, yelling to me from the front door, "Bye, Mom! I love you!" He had come in about half an hour ago, and spent that time rummaging through the refrigerator and the cupboards and heating up some leftover ribs in the microwave. So his shouts to me from the kitchen (I am at the computer) were all though various mouthfuls of rib-sandwich. And they were all of the "Hey, Mom, can I have these hamburger patties?" and "How about these corn dogs?" and "Do you care if I eat these ribs?" variety. All of which I answered in the affirmative, giving him permission to eat me out of house and home, all with a big smile on my face! Because it is SO MUCH NICER to give him food to carry away to another house with him and eat there, than it is to get up in the morning and see the bits and pieces and leftovers and un-put-away evidences of him eating these things in the middle of the night. Yay, hooray! I live alone!

And at the same time, it makes me feel VERY SAD! But sort of in a good way! Like I'm doing the Snoopy dance, but with one small tear on my smiling face.

No comments:

Post a Comment