Sunday, June 27, 2010

Looking forward to my bed

Although once again I have not accomplished everything I hoped to this weekend, I did get a pie baked, and my shopping done and all the groceries put away and the house tidied and the dishes washed. That was all today, and I also had breakfast at Sully's, went to the Farmer's Market and to the Salvation Army, where I bought a mug and a Pyrex refrigerator dish and lid. Total -- $1.50

Now, I cannot remember, if ever I knew (although I'm sure I did know once) why it gets so much hotter at night, when the sun has gone down? Something to do with the changing of the movements of air? Because it certainly is hotter right now than it has been all day.

This evening I heard the far-off train whistle, and caught myself thinking, "There's that train whistle -- wonder why it hasn't been running lately?" At last I have become one of those people who doesn't hear the familiar sound because of its constancy. Even though I love the sound, and wish I heard it every day, as I used to do!

Feeling happy, sort of achy and tired -- looking forward to my bed and a day at the office tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment