Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Moving Finger Writes

It is a pale and soft day -- there was a brief display of brilliant blue and gold, disseminating light like Cinderella's pumpkin coach (while it wasn't a pumpkin!) -- but now the sky is such a pale grey as to be very nearly white, and the air is cool and soft and damp. When it thins a bit, the light hidden behind it becomes more visible, causing the sky to glow whitely, like an overhead projector. But for the most part it is opaque and easily looked at.

I've just spoken with a VA phone-answerer -- for once a young person, who did not sound overweight, and male. A young man named Timothy. And it's perfectly possible that he merely did not have an overweight voice. I don't -- at least I don't think I do. Hmmm.

In any case, he told me that the last check I just received is the last one I will get. But he added, that if Joe enrolls in school, I can still consider him a dependent, and re-apply for the smaller payment amount, until he is 23. So we shall see. Another incentive!


Hey, the moving finger writes, and having writ, moves on! By which I mean, that the clouds are moving again (or still) and that now there are patches of vivid blue in amongst the much darker-grey cloud. It's going to be a changeable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment