Friday, May 14, 2010

Grilled Flamingo for Royalty

So this is an odd thing lately. Quite odd, and quite noticeable, and quite late! For the past week or so -- possibly a bit longer -- I have been repeatedly falling asleep at my desk. At my DESK, at WORK.

Now, I have of course, fallen asleep at work before -- memory of opening my eyes at the computer at the MAC to find the House Committee President standing in front of me, smiling. He said, "Just when you thought it was safe...!" Which means nothing, really, but sounds friendly and amused, which I'm pretty sure is what he meant to do.

But this is sometimes several times a day. And pretty much every day, too. And that is strange, or at least unusual.

Anyway. These have all been brief (or at least I feel that they are brief -- but then I AM ASLEEP. So who knows, really) and in most of them I am at least partially aware that I am asleep. They all contain vividly real-seeming dreams. And that is the weird part. I've never been a lucid dreamer. I'm always pretty sure that what is happening in my dreams is real. And I've pretty much stopped dreaming, at least to remember. So to be dreaming of a very real situation and say to myself, "But I won't actually have to cook that flamingo for the King of the Alleyway, because this is a dream," that is unusual and very strange-seeming.

No comments:

Post a Comment