Tuesday, August 23, 2011

...Let it run all over me...

The rain began last night at eleven. I was already in bed, but jumped out and went to the window. It was too dark to see anything, so I hurried out and into the living room and out on the deck and leaned on the rail. It was definitely raining. Lightly, but the air was so still that it was still falling straight down. No breeze at all -- usually there is a cooler air coming in right ahead of the rain, but not this time. Rained most of the night, though! Or at least the times I woke up, it was still raining.

And now the air coming through the window has a washed feeling. The temperature has dropped, it almost feels cool, and the way air in Portland ought to feel. That is, of course, merely my opinion, but then this is where I voice my opinion, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment