Friday, April 13, 2012

Changed his Medication

Well, I did not go and get bread yesterday on the way home from work as I said I was going to. No, instead I drove to Fred Meyer, and then sat in the car in the parking lot with the engine running and thought about it, and decided that I didn't have any money to be buying non-essential items like bread, and so I was just going to go home and eat food-box food until my ship came in. Which I did. I baked a pan of crescent rolls, which were my supper last night -- soft cheese, mmmm -- and my lunch today. And I will do so again tonight, if the occasion warrants, but since I am picking up this week's food-box after work today, I doubt it will.

Joe and Catt came over and picked up their fax (Joe) and neatly hemmed pants (Catt) and then I chased them out, since I was tired and head-achey. Really ready to be over this nasty chest/head cold. Unless it is allergies, which is always possible, too. Dang nab it. Ready to be over it, whatever it is!

Oh, hey! Guess who I stumbled across on FB today! Do you remember Psycho-Dale? The guy I dated very briefly and weirdly back in the early nineties, who was bipolar and quite nutty with it? Wrote good letters, though. Met him at Warner Pacific. He now has a website on which he writes about the Oregon Ducks, and is totally bald. I can't remember what his son's name is, but he isn't mentioned on his father's FB page at all, just his older daughter, whom he never once mentioned to me, but whom I found out about when we were doing the graduation arrangements at Warner. His wife is also not mentioned (on the page or to me) but then she never was -- we never actually broke up, he just stopped returning my calls, stopped coming over, but kept calling me in the middle of the night when he was unhappy about his sex life and wanted to talk to someone about it, or wondered what he ought to be wearing to a play that he was taking someone to. No conversation about the two of us, after the "I love you I love you" conversation. So bizarre.

And then I saw them at graduation holding hands very awkwardly, and then saw their wedding photo in the Sunday paper. She was tall and red-haired, and very uncomfortable-looking. I think her name was Susan? Or Sarah? Or something like that.

ANYway, after listening to him talk in real life, his letters took on a different flavor, since I could now hear them in my head, so I threw the whole big fat file away, shook my head in amazement and was very glad that we never slept together.
So, but now he is a web-site writer! About something that he knows a great deal about, apparently, although when I knew him, it was baseball, baseball all the way. The Giants, I believe were his team. Now it is football and golf, so I guess he has re-invented himself since then. Or, perhaps, he has merely grown and changed. His medication. Oh, now that's not nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment