Saturday, October 17, 2009

Moving Day -- One of Them!

Well, today is the day of the moving van! I'm a little unhappy about this, since I hate (HATE) moving. I hate carrying boxes in and out and up and down. I hate struggling up stairs with one end of a couch or a dresser. I hate having to be the one who tells other people to do things that they don't want to do.

On the other hand, at the end of this weekend, I will be moved! Not necessarily moved in, but at least moved! And then for the rest of next week, I can drive back and forth in the evenings with stray belongings, and sort things into drawers and cupboards and perhaps sell some of this stuff.

So, it is 8:30 on Saturday morning, and since I have been up since 6:30, I'm starting to feel like taking a nap already. But instead, as I wait for Joe to come home, I think I will pack up a carload of books and make the drive. When he gets home, I will have him drive me to the U-Haul office and pick up a truck, so I don't have to leave my car there all day. Would anyone like to help?

No comments:

Post a Comment