Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Last Minute City

Well, correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe that today is Tuesday, the 20th of October, 2009. And I ALSO believe that this house is due to be auctioned off on Friday, the 23rd of October, 2009. And yet, I got a call this afternoon from my cousin Mickey, who, as you know, is also my real estate agent. What's that you say? An offer on the house? A long-awaited offer on the house, which is hours from it's foreclosure auction? No!

TWO OFFERS!

Unbelievable.

Yes. And even though I am still sort of betwixt and between in this whole moving thing, thinking with anxiety of the things that need to happen before I can settle down into unpacking at the new apartment, I am suddenly so relaxed that I can hardly stay awake. Whew! This could be the bacon-saving moment. I could walk away with a chunk of cash to give to Aunt Kathy! Wa-HOO!

Joe is "dying" "so sick, Mom" that he cannot even use the phone, and yet he has two friends down in his bedroom with him. What sort of sense does that make? So anyway, he's of no help to me at all, so I think I am just going to do some clean-up around here, and then take another load over to the apartment, and maybe see about setting up the stereo in the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment