Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday morning peace

Well, my lovely peaceful morning has changed colors somewhat -- but not with any startling surge. Joe was planning to come and do laundry here today, and had a ride all lined up, but he just called and said that it had fallen through (which I knew, I KNEW it would) because they all drank too much last night and uh....and Jamie's car died. I really, really wish he would not lie to me. However, I told him that I would be there to pick him up at about noon, which he accepted with relief, and I hope he went back to bed.

In the meantime, I am enjoying a peaceful Sunday morning, drinking my second cup of hot coffee and listening to the quiet voice of Karen Carpenter. No sounds from outside, except for the ducks, who have also quieted down since they got their morning bath taken. Cold enough out there, that it required a great deal of energy and vim to make them do it. Lots of squawking and splashing and racing to and fro. But not any more. And all my neighbors are still asleep, as well as the drivers of the world -- no traffic sounds. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment