Friday, November 26, 2010

As are we all!

Well, quite a few things have happened that I really ought to have been mentioning, if this blog is really a "log" -- because a log is where you keep track of what is going on from DAY to DAY. So if a week has gone by without an entry, this is Not Good Log Keeping. So, by definition, bad blogging. Therefore I apologize to all of you (mostly imaginary) Readers Out There In Blog World, as well as to the Great Blog Monitor In The Sky.

The reason, (since there must of course be a REASON, there is a reason for EVERYTHING, right?) that I have been unable/unwilling/not there in the blogging world, is that I haven't felt like even talking about this stuff, (cuz it's all bad), and even less like writing about it, cuz that has to be in complete sentences and spelled correctly, and all. So effort. And I didn't feel like expending effort. So in conclusion, "I didn't FEEEEEEL like it." Note the whine?

Well. Regarding the tooth situation. It has not been pulled, it is still firmly rooted in my head. Not causing me any pain or even discomfort at the moment (though more on that later) but still there after two visits to the dentist for the sole purpose of removing it. This is because the dentist was unable to anesthetize me. I would not get numb. After the first visit, he gave me two weeks worth of antibiotics with instructions to take three a day until gone, and to return next week to have the infection-free molar removed. The second time was worse. WORSE!!

The dentist had given me one shot of anesthesia, which was supposedly working, when he said, "You know I can see the nerve, right down there -- let me put the needle INSIDE the hole in your tooth, and that will REALLY get it thoroughly numb." I agreed, doubtfully, thinking he wouldn't want to do this if it was going to be too painful, right? YEEEEOOWWWWWCH! My legs were kicking and my body was jumping and I was trembling in great leaps and unable to speak, so acute and horrific and filling-the-whole-world was the pain. And although it died away when the shot was over, the jumping and twitching of all my limbs, and the tears from my eyes, and my inabaility to speak went on for about ten minutes. And still, several shots later, I was completely not numb. No numbness whatsoever. So the dentist wrote me another prescription for pain pills and sent me off to find an oral surgeon. And although I was having this done at the county office, because of my lack of money, it still cost nearly $100 per visit. Which I cannot spare, when the thing I was visiting them for is not accomplished. So I went through several people, and finally got someone who quite cheerfully agreed with me, and is willing to refund most of the fee for one visit.

So that little part of it is good, but the whole oral surgeon thing is BAD. Mostly because I cannot afford it. I don't think that any oral surgeons are working for the Poor Folks Clinic. But also because I am kind of worried, if I no longer respond to anesthesia, how will I ever get anything sewn up? Guess they'll just have to knock me out or give me laughing gas, if they ever want to do that!

And as far as pain and discomfort go, the tooth is mostly fine and I don't even know that it is there, but I was eating a piece of leftver Thanksgiving pie this morning -- raspberry banana -- and got a seed lodged between the tooth and the temporary filling. Painful! Until I was able to extract it with my handy little curved metal extractor thingy. But still.

So, besides this expenditure, I also have a speeding ticket to pay (I know, I know) and my regular bills, which more than take all my income as a regular occurrence. So monetarily, I am in a bad way. As are we all, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment