Saturday, November 7, 2009

I think this is the first Saturday that I have woken in my new house, and just said, "Ahhhh-hhhhh!" Nothing I am responsible for today! I drank coffee, I made my bed, I tidied the house, I washed the two dishes from the night before... and then I picked up my purse and walked out the door into the cool morning (no rain) and over four or five blocks to Sully's, where I sat, sipping their extra-good dark coffee and waiting for my cousins to arrive. We enjoyed the food -- Billy cleaned his plate of corned beef hash down to the last morsel -- and enjoyed the conversation. We then hurried through the splattering rain under the sky lowering with dark grey clouds to my new apartment! Still only half-moved-into, it is a lovely thing to show people , especially people who are not obsessed with newness or fashion or the latest thing. People who have seen a lot of houses, and know what they are looking at! Another half hour's visit, and they went home. My first actual company!

No comments:

Post a Comment