Friday, August 7, 2009

O, the water....

Half a mile from the county fair
And the rain came pourin' down
Me and Billy standin' there
With a silver half-a-crown...

It's raining! Actual, lovely, liquid rain is falling from the sky, in gorgeous, glorious, exquisitely beautiful defiance of the recent ungodly heat wave. This has raised my spirits by several leaps, and I'm (momentarily) not even worried about my increasing lack of money, and lack of place to live and lack of job.

I've just finished making a big bowl of tomatoes and cottage cheese, and I have the dishwasher running. Next on the list is a big bowl of fruit salad, to use up some of these strawberries and grapes and pineapple before they all mold. Unfortunately, the big fruit salad bowl (with the lid) is currently full of cottage cheese and tomatoes. So I have to scratch my head and rack my brain for a moment or two to come up with an alternative. And whilst scratching and racking, I thought I would make some tea (steaming at my elbow) and write for a bit.

Before I began on these housewifely chores, I watched three episodes of Firefly -- I believe I am accurate in calling it my favorite television show. I do love it, and no matter how many times I watch the shows, I still grin at the funny lines and smile when someone says "Shiny!" Captain Mal is my favorite guy, more lovable even than Castle (the current incarnation of Nathan Fillion)and Kaylee and Simon are charming, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment